Your RightsYour rights are as per the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, namely:
- right to be informed
- right of access – you have the right to access the information we hold about you. This is called a subject access request and must be made to using the e-mail address set out below.
- right of rectification – should you feel that we hold incorrect or incomplete information about you, please contact Express Lettings to get any data rectified. Should you not have Express Lettings contact person, please use the contact details below.
- right of erasure (right to be forgotten)
- right of data portability
- right to restrict processing – we will always respect a request by you to stop contact by any or all methods of communication or for any specific purpose.
- right to object.
The information we collect and whyThis policy applies to all information we receive from you, whether you are registering on our website or ordering any of our products. During the course of your use of this website, Express Lettings will collect two types of information:
- Aggregated Information: This website automatically gathers certain statistical information such as the number and frequency of visitors. This information is only used in the aggregate and individuals cannot be identified from it. This aggregated information helps us to measure how individuals use the website and our services, so that we can continually improve them.
- Personal Information: Express Lettings requires personal information from you, such as name, e-mail address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and credit card data in order for us to perform the services offered by the site and to fulfil your requests. We will only request minimal information required to deliver such services. Some of this information is voluntary; the compulsory fields are clearly identified whenever you are asked to supply information.
- Detecting and preventing fraudulent activity
- As part of the account opening process for new customers, to verify your identity
- Providing you with the service that you have requested
- With your consent we may from time to time send e-mails to you with information about our products and services. We may also contact you via post, e-mail or telephone in relation to the administration of your account or to provide a service you have requested.
- We reserve the right to sell the database related to this website (including personal data relating to you) to a third party if we sell, assign or transfer the assets of our business.
Lawful processing of dataExpress Lettings processes data in compliance with the conditions listed in Article 6 (1) of the GDPR. GDPR Article 6(1) states that “processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of the controller’s official authority including processing of personal data that is necessary for
- the administration of justice
- the exercise of a function conferred on a person by an enactment, or
- the exercise of a function of a government department.
The right to rectificationExpress Lettings has processes to challenge the accuracy of court records where a record appears illogical or incomplete. If this record is confirmed by the relevant court, we are still obliged to add it to our data register. Where an error is discovered or reported, Express Lettings can only act on court instructions/Data Controller’s permission to amend or delete the record as appropriate.
The right to erasureUnder data protection laws, the right to erasure (also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’) enables an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. The right to erasure does not provide an absolute ‘right to be forgotten’ and processing by Express Lettings complies with data protection laws. As such it is unlikely that the right to erasure will apply to information held on our data register. For any other information Express Lettings hold, outside of our data register, you can request the removal of that information, and we will comply where there are no overriding reasons for retaining the information. Where we are unable to comply with a request, we will inform you in writing.
The right to restrict processingExpress Lettings publishes data they receive from the court service. As such we are obliged to maintain that data on our data register until the court advises us of any amendment. This is because the legitimate grounds for processing the data override individual interest. Where an error is identified and advised by the court service, Express Lettings automatically notifies recipients of the correction or removal.
The right to data portabilityData portability can be requested where certain conditions are met. Specifically, where an individual has supplied their information to the data controller, and the data controller is reliant on the individual’s consent to deal with their information and where the processing is automated. Information maintained on our data register does not meet those conditions.
The right to objectIn line with our stance on the right to be forgotten, or to prevent processing, Express Lettings have a public duty to make the data register information available. It is unlikely that the right to object will apply to information held on our data register.
Retention PeriodThe Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in this regard.
Privacy Questions and AccessIf you have a question about this statement, you can send an email to the Express Lettings Data Compliance Officer. The email address for this is email@example.com. You can also contact us at this address if you have a question about Express Letting’s handling of your information or if you wish to obtain a copy of particular information you provided to Express Lettings. Before Express Lettings is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will endeavour to respond within an appropriate timeframe.
ComplaintsAll complaints or concerns and appropriate resolution relating to the practices of handling personal information will be logged. Any complaints should be made to the Data Compliance Officer at the email address listed below.
Contact Details:Express Lettings 41 Lower Dominick Street Dublin 1 Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org